Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 6 July 2013

ALABA FULL OF PRAISE FOR GAURDIOLA


David Alaba has praised new Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola for leaving great first impressions on the squad.
The trainer was announced as Jupp Heynckes' successor in January and assumed control in June after being formally unveiled by the club's hierarchy.
Positive Alaba praises Guardiola
The former Barcelona boss has a hard act to follow after Heynckes guided Bayern to an historic treble last season, however, Austria international Alaba has been quick to praise the Spaniard for his treatment of the players.
"I'm feeling positive," Alaba told reporters. "The first encounter [with Guardiola] was very friendly. During training he is coaching us players well."
Alaba, 21, was also eager to pay tribute for his rapid rise to older team-mates Philipp Lahm and Franck Ribery, whom he credits with assisting in his development at the club.
"Philipp has helped me a lot and I am grateful for this," he added. "He has played for such a long time at a very high level, and right or left he was the best or one of the best players in the world. You can see this season after season.
"As a young player Franck Ribery looked after me. It was him who said 'come here my boy'. He looked out for me both on and off the pitch.
"As I lived in the boarding school, he often picked me up and we went out for dinner. Obviously you are grateful about those things and want to give something back. We get along very well."

No comments:

Post a Comment