Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 6 July 2013

ALEX UNSURE OF HIS PSG FUTURE

Paris Saint-Germain defender Alex has revealed that his future at the club is shrouded in doubt but insists that he wants to stay.

Carlo Ancelotti left Parc des Princes for Real Madrid in late June and was simultaneously replaced by former France coach Laurent Blanc.
Alex unsure of PSG future
Alex, 31, is keen to remain at the Ligue 1 champions but accepts that whether he will remain with the Parisiens is down to the French club and the new head trainer.

"I do not know for sure if I'll stay," he told L'Equipe. "After all, it depends on the club whom I have not yet spoken to. But I want to stay.

"I have another year of contract and of course I want to stay at PSG. I have many friends here and I want to continue to play here."

Edinson Cavani has been heavily linked with a move to the capital-based club and Alex believes such a signing would help boost their chances in Europe's top competition, where they were beaten by Barcelona in the quarter-finals last campaign.

"It is a good thing for the team [to be linked with buying Cavani], if we want to have a good run in the Champions League," he added.

"We saw last season that it is not easy to win. So if we want to succeed, this type of player will help us."

No comments:

Post a Comment