Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 29 June 2013

ALEXIS SANCHEZ: NEYMAR IS A RIVAL

Alexis Sanchez has insisted that he does not fear the competition for places at Barcelona following the arrival of Neymar from Santos this summer.

The former Udinese attacker has been struggling to live up to expectations at Camp Nou after joining the club in 2011, but says he is looking forward to the challenge of competing with the Brazilian.
Alexis: Neymar is a rival
"I like the competition for places. I have the quality to play alongside Neymar and [Lionel] Messi," the Chile international told reporters.

"It will be great to play together with Neymar and Messi. It's not that I'm dreaming of playing alongside them, though. I'm a Barcelona player myself and I'm here because of my quality.

"The competition for places only makes me stronger. Neymar is a rival in some ways, but I will do my utmost to help the team. I have the desire to do well."

The 24-year-old scored eight goals in 29 La Liga appearances last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment