Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 13 July 2013

ADAN: I HAVE NO HARD FEELINGS FOR MOURINHO

Real Madrid goalkeeper Antonio Adan insists he has no hard feelings for former coach Jose Mourinho after he was dropped last season in favour of new signing Diego Lopez.

The 26-year-old was handed the No.1 spot last season after Iker Casillas' hand injury in January, but the acquisition of Lopez promptly saw him demoted back to a role amongst the substitutes despite the coach's public declaration of support for his abilities.

While he admits he is unsure why Mourinho lost faith in him as Casillas' replacement, he maintains he respects the decision made by his former boss and stresses he enjoys a good relationship with his fellow shot-stoppers in the Spanish capital.
Adan: I've no hard feelings towards Mourinho
“These things happen in football and you have no control over them," he told AS when asked about why he was dropped. "I tried to work even harder and give my best for the team but the club decided to sign another goalkeeper. The coach’s job is to select his team every Sunday and all I can do is keep working hard and accept what decisions he makes.

“The declarations which Mourinho made in public are there for everyone to listen to and that question would be better directed to him than to me.

"I am not able to say why he suddenly lost confidence in me. But I have no hard feelings towards Mou and I respect his decisions.

“I think I am very lucky to be able to say that Iker and Diego Lopez are my friends and they have always treated me well. All three of us have come up from the youth teams.

"Diego coached me when I was younger and I have spent four or five seasons training with Iker and he is a very good friend of mine. So whatever the coach decides won’t change anything between us."

Adan went on to admit he may be forced to look elsewhere for first-team football in future if he is unable to secure more regular action in future.

“I will think about what’s best for me. In terms of my career, I want to be at a club where I will get to play regularly," he said.

"I am still under contract and if nothing changes, I will remain a Real Madrid player. Under that premise, I have to look at what is the best solution for me. I’ll wait until I receive an interesting offer but I am just looking for what is best for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment