Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 13 July 2013

COUTINHO INSISTS LIVERPOOL WANT TOP FOUR FINISH

Coutinho insists last season's impressive finish to the Premier League season has left Liverpool feeling confident of mounting a top-four challenge this term.

Brendan Rodgers' men lost just one of their last 16 matches in the league campaign, with the Brazilian No.10 and fellow January signing Daniel Sturridge at the heart of the revival.


Liverpool gunning for the top four - Coutinho


And Coutinho is adamant this form means the Merseysiders will head into the new season full of belief in their ability to return Champions League football to Anfield.

"Some new players have arrived to help us and the team finished well last year, so we hope to be able to finish within the top four," he told the club's official website.

"That's what we have always fought for, but we should think on a game-by-game basis because the competition is very long and we have to sustain good performances throughout the whole season."

Coutinho wowed the Anfield faithful with some dazzling trickery and vision last season, and the 21-year-old revealed the secret of his success is his laid back nature on the pitch.

"I always try to be relaxed, always play football and enjoy myself because what I like doing most is to play football, so I'm not concerned with pressure or such things," he added.

"I just try to enjoy myself on the field and always do my best to help the team.

"I'll work as hard as I've always done, always trying to improve each day as much as I can and always trying to learn from the more experienced players and the manager. Always working hard is what is most important."

No comments:

Post a Comment