Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Friday 5 July 2013

PAZZINI DISMISSES TALK OF NAPOLI MOVE

Giampaolo Pazzini has dismissed talk of a move to Napoli, pointing out that the Partenopei do not need him and that he is perfectly happy at AC Milan.

The Italy international has been one of several forwards touted as a possible replacement for Edinson Cavani, who seems set to leave the San Paolo this summer, with Paris Saint-Germain now leading the chase for the Uruguayan.

However, Pazzini, who was also linked with the Partenopei during the January transfer window, insists that he is going nowhere.
Pazzini: Napoli don't need me
"There are already great strikers at Napoli," the 28-year-old striker told Radio CRC. "They don't need me.

"I know that this has been a soap opera that has been going on for a while, but believe me, I'm happy at Milan."

Indeed, Pazzini claims that his only concern at the moment is recovering from the knee injury he sustained at the end of last season to give him a boost of making Italy's World Cup 2014 squad.

"I'm working to get back, but it will take patience to get there," the former Inter attacker explained. "But I'm confident. At the end of the month I will make another visit [to the doctors] and then we will know something more.

"I hope to be there for the World Cup, but we will see what happens."

Pazzini, who scored 15 goals in 30 appearances for the Rossoneri last season, is expected to be out for at least another four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment