Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Friday 5 July 2013

LILLE SIGN WOLFSBURG DEFENDER

Lille have announced the signing of defender Simon Kjaer from Wolfsburg for an undisclosed fee.

The Denmark international has penned a four-year contract with les Dogues and the centre-half is excited by the challenge of trying to prove himself in France.
Lille confirm Kjaer signing
"Let me first say that I am really happy to join the club," the 24-year-old told his new club's official website. "I sincerely hope that we can enjoy a good season together and that, at the end of it, everyone will be satisfied with the results.

"I do not forget that Lille did the double two years ago, so we have to help find a way back into Europe, either in the Champions League or Europa League.

"I want to show my very best qualities here and I hope this will be a great experience in my career."

As well as Denmark and Germany, Kjaer has also plied his trade in Italy, having enjoyed spells with Palermo and Roma.

No comments:

Post a Comment