Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Friday 5 July 2013

GOMIS: LYON WANT TO FORCE ME OUT

Out-of-favour Olymique Lyonnais forward Bafetimbi Gomis insists he will not be forced out of the club - even though coach Remi Garde has made it clear that he no longer wants him at the Stade de Gerland.

Garde has publicly stated that les Gones need to sell the striker for financial reasons and claimed that it would not be in Gomis' interests to stay and see out the final year of his contract with the Ligue 1 outfit.

However, the player himself, who was excluded from pre-season training, is upset by a perceived show of disrespect on the part of his coach, and warned that he will not go anywhere against his wishes.
Gomis: Garde won't force me out of Lyon
"[Garde] didn't call me [about this]," Gomis told L'Equipe. "It is not the most polite thing to do to a player who scored about 50 goals since you have been in charge. I think I deserve a bit more consideration.
"If I can't find a club that could offer me the guarantees I am expecting, which has the ambition I am looking for, I will stay. I will be ready to help the team.
"I will work to be ready to help if they call me. However, nobody will force me to go where I don't want to go, that is for sure. I am still at Lyon, and I am far from having already left."

Lyon reportedly agreed a deal with Swansea with Gomis, but the player has rejected the opportunity to move to the Liberty Stadium.
"Did I refuse Swansea? I have respect for all the clubs, but I can still choose my destination, can't I?" the France international mused.
"I want to choose but without constraint, even if I have been offered better conditions than in Lyon.
"It is not a financial matter to me. The first year, Lyon found an agreement with Fenerbahce, but it didn't prevent me from refusing.

"This time it is different: it is the very first time the coach told the press he doesn't rely on me."

Gomis, who has been capped 10 times by his country, joined Lyon from Saint-Etienne four years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment