Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Wednesday 10 July 2013

FLAMINI: I'LL LOVE PREMIER LEAGUR RETURN

AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini has claimed he misses England and would ideally like to play in the Premier League this season.

The 29-year-old French midfielder has seen his career stagnate since he left the Emirates after the 2007-08 season to join the Rossoneri having generally been considered a back-up option behind the likes of Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo and, more recently, Riccardo Montolivo and Antonio Nocerino.

Flamini left the Premier League as a key player for Arsenal after helping Arsene Wenger's side win the 2005 FA Cup but after winning just one league title in his time with the Serie A outfit and having been overlooked by France since 2008, Flamini is looking for a new start.



Flamini seeks Premier League return


"I've been in Italy for five years, I've had a great time and learnt a lot," Flamini told The Sun.

"But I miss England and I want to win the Premier League. It has a special place in my heart.

"I like the pace and the physicality of English football and I like that every game is very open."

Flamini, who is out of contract, has been offered a new deal by Milan but has yet to sign as he considers other offers and the man from Marseille has just one priority before choosing where to play next season.

"I want to win trophies, I am a competitor," Flamini said.

"My biggest regret was when I was with Arsenal and we lost the Champions League final against Barcelona.

"As well as the Premier League, I want to win the Champions League.

"When you are a competitor, what you want is to be successful, and to be successful, you want to win trophies."

No comments:

Post a Comment