Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Wednesday 10 July 2013

SWANSEA BOSS: BIG CLUBS ARE AFTER ME

Swansea boss Michael Laudrup says he spurned the advances of a number of big clubs to stay at the Liberty Stadium next season.

The 49-year-old enjoyed a successful debut campaign at the Liberty Stadium helm as he guided the Swans to Capital One Cup success, their first major trophy win, and a club-record high ninth-placed finish in the Premier League.

Laudrup: I rejected big clubs to stay at Swansea


This prompted talk of a move to a more established side but, despite the escalating row between chairman Huw Jenkins and agent Byram Tutumlu over assurances, Laudrup insists he never intended to leave the Swansea this summer.

"Yes there were clubs - a couple of big ones as well - who wanted me but it never became anything more than that," the Dane told WalesOnline.

"As I said and confirmed many times, I wanted to stay and I told players the same when they asked me before they extended their contracts. I don’t want to runaway from that.

"It’s normal after a season we which was good for everybody that there is a lot of interest and eyes on all of us, domestically and internationally.

"But it never went further than that and I didn’t have to speak to anyone because I want to stay here."

No comments:

Post a Comment