Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Monday 8 July 2013

BOJAN: I REGRET LEAVING BARCELONA

New Ajax signing Bojan Krkic feels that he made the wrong decision to leave Barcelona for Roma in the summer of 2011 and then join AC Milan the following season.

The 22-year-old completed a loan move to the Dutch champions at the weekend and he has now admitted that he regrets not making the move to the Eredivisie at an earlier stage of his career.
Bojan regrets Milan & Roma spells
"My choices for Roma and AC Milan were wrong. Perhaps I should have already opted for the Eredivisie back in 2011," the attacker told De Telegraaf.

"I am a young player and I need to get regular first team action. I cannot make progress if I only get 18 games or so per season. I will get the chance to take the next step in my development at Ajax.

"I really wanted to get this loan move wrapped up as soon as possible. Leaving Barcelona could have been more difficult if Alexis Sanchez or David Villa had been sold, so I wanted to complete the move quickly."

Bojan could make his official Ajax debut in the Johan Cruyff Schaal encounter against AZ on July 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment