Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Monday 1 July 2013

THIAGO SILVA: VILANOVA WANTED ME AT BARCA

Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva has revealed that Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova tried to convince him to join the Catalan giants.

The two clubs faced one another in the Champions League quarter-finals back in April and the Brazilian says he was approached by the Blaugrana one of the matches.

"Tito is a guy I admire,"
the 28-year-old was quoted as saying by Sportyou.
Thiago Silva: Barcelona tried to sign me
"After the match between PSG and Barcelona in the Champions League I had a chat with him and he invited me to come play for Barcelona.

"There have been no negotiations yet though, I remain calm for now and want to enjoy my holiday.

"In football you never know, but right now I'm happy at PSG, I'm very quiet, I speak daily with the president, it is very difficult to get out of there."

The former AC Milan man went on to say that French champions are not in a position where they are forced to sell players for financial reason.

"PSG do not sell players, it is a very different situation to that at Milan."

No comments:

Post a Comment