Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Friday 12 July 2013

MAZZARRI: I MADE CAVANI A STAR

Walter Mazzarri believes that Edinson Cavani would not have become the star he is today were it not for his guidance at Napoli.

The Uruguay international, 26, joined the Partenopei from Palermo in the summer of 2010 and has since developed into one of the most sought-after players in Europe, with Paris Saint-Germain ready to pay €63 million for his services.
I turned Cavani into a star - Mazzarri
Nevertheless, Mazzarri has insisted that Cavani was nowhere near his current level some three years ago and has the new Inter coach and his staff to thank for his rise to prominence.

"The young players I had at Napoli became top players thanks to the work we did," Mazzarri said at a press conference.

"Cavani too, he was an average player when he arrived and at Napoli he turned into the Cavani he is today."

The 51-year-old voiced his confidence that his spell at Inter will be a success, insisting he has never before failed to meet the demands of a club.

"I've always achieved the targets I've been set," he continued. "I think the players should trust me and we can try to fulfil our potential on the pitch. My focus is always on the next game and the next three points."

Inter finished a lowly ninth in last season's Serie A, leading to the dismissal of Mazzarri's predecessor Andrea Stramaccioni.

No comments:

Post a Comment