Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Friday 12 July 2013

MATHIEU: I SNUBBED GUARDIOLA'S ADVANCES FOR ME

Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu has revealed he snubbed Pep Guardiola's advances to join him at Bayern Munich this summer in order to remain at the Mestalla.

The 29-year-old, who recently inked a contract extension until 2017 with los Che, had been linked with a move away from the club in recent weeks following an impressive individual season last term.
I snubbed Guardiola's offer to join Bayern, claims Mathieu
And the France international claims to have caught the eye of the newly-appointed Bavarians boss, but believes a move to the Allianz Arena would have had a negative impact on his international career.

He told reporters: "Pep sent me a message but I told him I would rather stay with Valencia.

"Bayern are very good, but I am thinking about the World Cup and with Valencia I have more opportunities to play."

Mathieu, who has been previously linked with Liga champions Barcelona, has made 131 appearances for Valencia since joining on a bosman from Toulouse in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment