Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Thursday 11 July 2013

INJURY RULES VERMAELEN OUT OF ARSENAL PRE SEASON TOUR

Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen has been ruled out of the club's pre-season tour of Asia because of injury.
Arsene Wenger takes his squad to Jakarta later on Thursday as the squad begin their preparations for the new campaign.
Thomas Vermaelen: Arsenal defender has a back injury
But the Belgium international will be staying behind as he starts his rehabilitation on a back problem.
"Unfortunately, due to a back injury I can't join my team mates on the Asia Tour the next few weeks," Vermaelen wrote on Twitter.
"I will be staying in London to receive the right treatment. Of course I will do my best to return on the pitch soon, and I will keep you posted on my progress."
Youngsters Chuba Akpom, Serge Gnabry, Kris Olsson and Gedion Zelalem have been included in the 24-man group for the matches in Indonesia, Vietnam and Japan.
However, Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal will also sit out the tour due to their involvement in the Confederations Cup, while Yaya Sanogo is still with France at the U-20 World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment