Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Wednesday 3 July 2013

GORETZKA: I SNUBBED DORTMUND FOR SCHALKE

German wonderkid Leon Goretzka has revealed he could have joined Borussia Dortmund, but preferred a move to Schalke.

The Gelsenkirchen side have announced the 18-year-old midfielder has signed a five-year deal with his new club and is keen to follow in the footsteps of Julian Draxler.
Goretzka: I snubbed Dortmund for Schalke
"Borussia Dortmund also wanted to sign me, but Schalke were the more appealing option," Goretzka said at a press conference.

"I decided to join Schalke after talking to Horst Heldt and Jens Keller. This is the club where I want to spend the next few years.

"They are growing something nice at Schalke and they do some great work with young players. That's one of the reasons why I picked Schalke.

"Julian Draxler's development has been impressive."

Goretzka came through the ranks of the Bochum youth academy and has been capped at Under-19 level for Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment