Soccer News, Rumours, Results and Analysis

Soccer News and Rumours

Saturday 22 June 2013

FRED: I'M HAPPY TO END GOAL DROUGHT

Nobody will have been as relieved as Fred following Brazil's 4-2 Confederations Cup win over Italy on Saturday, as the 28-year-old netted two goals - his first of the tournament.

His second-half brace helped Luiz Felipe Scolari's team to a deserved victory which sends Selecao through as Group A winners, in a tournament which could offer to take some pressure of the national team's shoulders, if they can succeed.
Fred: I am so happy to end drought
"I have to thank God, in the first place, and my teammates, FelipĆ£o, to the physiotherapy guys, who were really tough on me and got me 100% fit again," Fred admitted to reporters.

"I was really bothered with the lack of goals, but I kept on working hard and I always felt the trust the lads passed on to me. Thank God everyone worked out, with the victory and the goals."

"When i said that [that I wanted to score one goal per game] it was because I wanted to score lots of goals. To a centre forward, it is always important to play well. If you can't score, then at least assist, and today I got this present of a great match. I'm really happy," he said.

Fred also was keen to admit how he relished participating in such a fixture, as Brazil look to be getting more clinical and cohesive as the tournament progresses.

"I love important games. The more decisive, the better. With the love from the fans, the support of our family, everyone here to watch us, it was really special for us," he beamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment